Denver Lodging Sustainability Initiatives
At The Oxford Hotel, we are proud of the sustainability initiatives we promote. With the ever-growing concern for energy efficiency, waste reduction and water conservation, our downtown Denver hotel is creating awareness to employees and guests about how to protect our earth’s resources for future generations.
Currently, The Oxford Hotel is…
- Recycling throughout the hotel’s offices
- Using 30% post consumer recycled paper products
- Selecting suppliers that are environmentally and socially responsible
- Removing hotel from all unwanted mailings to reduce bulk mailing waste
- Turning off all computer monitors not in use
- Using Rainforest Alliance Certified Coffee
- Using environmentally friendly bath and face tissue
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Using compact florescent light bulbs
- Providing our guests with a 100% smoke-free environment
- Using indoor and outdoor sensor lighting (cuts down on unnecessary “light pollution”)
- Replacing high flow toilets with water efficient flushing models
- Installing low-flow, water efficient aerators and showerheads
- Donating and/or recycling unneeded uniforms, linens, furniture, supplies, toner cartridges, partially used amenity bottles, etc.
- Environmentally appropriate disposal of cleaning chemicals
- Providing an EcoPass which is an annual transit pass to allow our employees to ride on all RTD services as an alternative to driving
- Promoting SuperShuttle as a van pool service to and from the airport
- Offering our Courtesy Cadillac Escalade Car Service to our guests which accommodates more efficient transportation for multiple parties and therefore cuts down emissions
- Participating in the “Clean the World” program, through which we donate unused amenities and recycled soap to homeless shelters, missions, women’s homes and food kitchens in the U.S. and abroad
- Donating unused toilet paper on rolls that might otherwise be thrown out to A Community Taking a Stand… Against Hunger, Poverty and Homelessness (ACTS)
As a guest, you can assist us in our efforts to create a more sustainable hotel.
- Turn off the light when you depart from your room.
- Let the Front Desk know that you do not want the USA Today delivered daily.
- Use the trash bin located in your guest room clearly labeled with the Recycle Triangle to dispose of any paper products, plastic bottles, steel, aluminum and glass.
- To request that your towels be changed, simply place the towels on the bathroom floor.
- Offer suggestions that you think would improve our sustainable efforts.
Our Denver lodging’s staff personally thanks you for your assistance in preserving the environment.